Friday, April 24, 2009

Song from The Pilates Flow shared his horror story when his studio was newly opened.

He received phone calls from esteemed instructors who wanted to work for him in his studio. So Song asked which method were they certified.

Jobseeker: "Huh? Method? What method?"

Song: "Hm...as in, which Pilates certification do you have?"

Jobseeker: "Oh, u mean certs! I am certified by Pilates Online!"

Song almost flipped off his chair.

Karen managed to dig out one of such online certification: http://www.expertrating.com/pilates/index.asp#frequentques

HOLY COW!!!!! You can actually BUY a Pilates certification for USD 49.99. Wow, indeed it is much faster, cheaper and less painful way to get certified. Why did I bothered to spend hundreds of hours and nearly S$15k to get my certs...

Like what Karen suggests, if one day I ever have my own studio, I will make sure I proudly get my toilet cleaners to get "certified" too. 

No comments: