Saturday, September 08, 2007

Where to Learn Pilates, IN SINGAPORE

In my entry, "Where to learn Pilates", I have given a brief on various types of facilities/venues where you can learn Pilates. Follow the hyperlinks below to find out where to locate some of them in Singapore:


Pilates StudiosCore Fitness Physiotherapy and Pilates (Orchard - Forum Galleria)
Focus Pilates(Raffles Place & Orchard)

Pilates Bodyworks(Raffles Place; Buona Vista)

Sky Pilates(Orchard)

Classic Pilates(Closed wef 1-aug-09, taken over by Options Studio, tks Karen for the info)

Pilates Central (Tanjong Pagar)

Jace Physio Pilates (Orchard Wisma Atria)

PowerMoves(Bishan, Dempsy)

Ivana Daniell Studio (Camden)

iPilates(Orchard)
Pilates Fitness (Telok Blangah)

Options Studio(Bukit Timah, Dhoby Ghaut)

Pilates-The-Studio


The Pilates Inc.(Marine Parade)


The Moving Body(Robinson Quay, Bt Timah)


Elements Pilates(Orchard Tanglin)


The Pilates Flow (Bt Timah)

Breathe Pilates (Novena)
Pilates Body Pilots (North Buona Vista)



Health Clubs/ Fitness CentersSingapore Sports Council (Public Sports & Recreation Centres)

People's Association (Community Centres)

California Fitness Center

Planet Fitness

Fitness First

True Yoga

Amore

Sky Fitness

Creative Body

The Body Clinic

Hotel Clubs

Country Clubs


Hospitals/ Chiropractic/ PhysiotherapistSingapore General Hospital
Changi General Hospital

Dance SchoolsJitterbugs

Tanglin Arts Studio for Dance

Singapore Dance Theatre

Home Studios
Pilates By The Bay (Previously known as The Pilates Touch at East Coast)

The Pilates Studio (Seletar)

Uplift Pilates (Jelita )

46 Degree Pilates
Spunky Pilates (Bukit Timah)

Freelance InstructorsIf you want to engage freelance instructor to teach at your workplace/condo/home, contact me for more details. I will try to provide instructor choices, besides myself, through my network of instructor friends :-p)

The above listing serves only as a limited reference for your convenience and it does not intend to endorse/recommend any of them. I have tried some of them so you can contact me to find out my personal views on them.
And if you know of any other facilities/venues to learn Pilates in Singapore (which I might have missed out), please share the contacts/ leads by dropping me a comment.
I will update this list every now and then and you may want to bookmark this page. Click the Bookmark button below and revisit this page. (Last updated on 17 April 2012)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Terry,

Do you have any recommendation where old folks (in their late 50s or 60s) who have suffered stroke and is on the road of recovery on where to learn pilates to help them in their recovery?

I know in Singapore, the hospitals, even the community hospitals like Ang Mo Kio Community Hospital and St Andrew (next to Changi Hospital) provide. But besides hospitals, any studios or clubs offer such courses?

Unknown said...

Any good pilates studio or instructor for scoliosis issues.

Anonymous said...

Any certified instructors keen to take on teaching position in jakarta, Indonesia? Full time position available, attractive renumeration scheme to choose from. Any referral pls forward resume to studio.reformation@gmail.com thanks much!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I would like to take up Pilates and have decided to start with a private instructor. I saw that you have a few listed (Uplift, The Pilates Studio) and another reader added Spunky Monkey. As in your blogpost, I was wondering if I could take up the offer of you sharing your personal views on them if you have tried them. :) Don't worry, I'm not looking for a "good" or "bad" critique, I just wish to know more about the teacher's teaching styles or which area they may be more inclined towards (I see some instructors do alot of pre-natal, for example!). And if I understand it correctly, Uplift teaches the STOTT method while the other two teach a classical method? My main motive for taking up pilates is to improve my spine/neck/posture, as various bad habits have caused me to even sleep in weird positions in order to be comfortable!

It would really help me (and my wallet, lol) if you could give me some opinions! Thank you very much!

p.s. kudos on Planet Earth. :)

liz.ruizhu@gmail.com