Thursday, September 06, 2007

Translating P-Latte

I tried translating my blog by "Translate this page" function on the right sidebar, and below is my profile in traditional Chinese. I have re-translated the Chinese back into English in the brackets:
terrimonster -戶外情人 (Outdoor Lover)
我是脂肪和不適宜,因為年輕。(I am lipid and unsuitable, because of youth.)
我第一次把身體活動,為求虛榮,(I first time move my body, because of material wealth)
但品嚐後的好處留適合,我想分享我的經驗和知識,(but after savouring the advantage keep suitable, i want to share my experience and knowledge)
保持健康,誰得身體健康和生活質量。 (keep healthy, who get healthy body and living quality.)
正攻讀碩士學位運動和體育研究與本地大學。 (Currently pursuing a Master Degree "Exercise and Sports Studies and local university")
但畢業是延誤進度,我的論文是教練可笑緩慢。(But graduation is delay progress, my dissertation is coach ridiculously slow)
The Chinese translation was really hilarious! Go try the translating function if you understand Chinese and it will definitely give you a good laugh.
Apparently, Pilates (彼拉提斯) is not yet established or well known in Asia, such that Google had problem finding the right Chinese word for it. The word "Pilates" was translated into "Coach", "Art", "Uniform", etc. I thought by adding the translation function, I can reach out to non-English readers. I guess it is still a long way before I can share my Pilates journey with people who don't understand English.

No comments: