Thursday, September 06, 2007

My Dissertation on Pilates

When I first started on researching for my dissertation, I knew it is not going to be easy, because there are many confounding factors.

But the more I read about it, the more I realise what kind of trouble I am getting myself into. My study will involve a lot of different fields (like sports physiology, immunology, motor control, exercise psychology etc) and I think this is going to be rather demanding for someone like me who does not have sports undergrad and at the same time totally sucks at statistics. There is really a LOT of reading to do.

It makes things worst that I am not a good writer. I cannot really express myself clearly in words, especially in English. So I am constantly stuck whenever I open Microsoft Word, and my brain just constipates with all the concepts and logic trapped inside.

So I hope that writing this blog can help "warm up" my organisational skills and let me synthesize my messy thoughts into at least a Chapter One of my thesis.

No comments: