Sunday, January 24, 2010

Post Birthday Thoughts

One of the best things of being a Pilates instructor is that I get to know people from all walks of life. I get to know them well, understand the uniqueness of their jobs, heard their vivid life story, their family etc. I met a stay-home-mom who taught me lots of parenting and baby-care tips (not forgetting giving me loads of beautiful hand-me-down baby clothes and toys); I got to know my dear friend, Karen, who has now embarked on the journey to be an instructor too; I also taught highly-intelligent researcher, professionals like gynae and even national athletes... some of them are well and fit and some of them have nagging medical issues. They have nothing much in common except that they have one identical goal, that is, to improve their lives through improving their physical health. Like what the wise man, Joseph Pilates, said, "Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness." How true! How can you truly enjoy life without first of all have good physical health?

Among the people I met through Pilates, I made some really good friends. I was especially touched that on my 30th birthday last Tuesday, one of the regular from a corporate mat class (who literally attended my class no matter rain or shine, even once with an injured knee!) presented a small birthday cake with a lighted candle to me after class! That really warmed my heart!!!! Back home, my fave chocolate banana cake was delivered by a super caring client (who has also became my great friend), what a lovely surprise!
photo.jpg
Someone asked me why am I so excited to tell people that I now joint the big THREE club. But hey, i should be happy, though I am no longer in my twenties, I have so many people love and care about me! Moreover, I am only as old as my spine, and thanks to Pilates, it is quite young really! ^_^

Joseph Pilates, Returned to Life through Contrology:
"... the only real guide to your true age lies not in years or how you THINK you feel but as you ACTUALLY are as infallibly indicated by the degree of natural and normal flexibility enjoyed by your spine throughout life."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.