Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Morning Walk in Fort Canning Park

Last Saturday, while waiting for hubby to finish school, I had a wonderful morning walk in Fort Canning Park. It's actually very nice to walk alone, as I could walk at my own pace, stopping as and when I wish to read the historical signboards, learn more about different spices and herbs, or watch birds feeding on the trees.

Luckily with my new N95 handphone, I could record down the beautiful scenary:




This area near the Old Married Soldiers Quarters is very well-shaded. Apparently there was a Taichi class going-on! This is actually a great place for classes: convenient location, fresh air, beautiful greenery, refreshing cool shades & wind... Maybe I can do some classes here for my friends too.





This lady was actually doing Pilates on that stone bench. Ok I know the picture was taken at a really odd angle, but I just couldn't capture her in action without her knowing while she perform leg circle. After taking the photo I copied her and did some Pilates exercise on another stone bench too!

Along the 13th Century trail, there was an old couple who came for a morning walk in the park together. They were both engrossed in picking up something on the ground. They were actually collecting 相思豆 (Love Beans) together. OOOOOooo!!! How romantic!! I wish that I will be like them when I get old.



Then I went to check out The Singapore Dance Theatre and saw a bunch of very very adorable children learning ballet.



The teacher wanted the girls to do a frontal split against the wall. Instead of describing to them in boring manner, she made it fun by asking the girls to make "spiders crawling on the wall" (see the 3rd girl from the right). This really shows the power of good imagery, not only immediately the students knew what the teacher wanted them to do, they did it correctly and had fun! That's why imageries are so important in the delivery of an effective Pilates class...

After this lovely Fort Canning walk, I set my goal to complete the trail along the Southern Ridges! Hope I can do it next week. ^_^


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

encumbered jazz haridwar margnew dtimarch donations progresses cardiology trusts disclosed disabled
servimundos melifermuly

Anonymous said...

defray ignorance sunday capitals practicable truncate choroidal pcwg licensors current person
servimundos melifermuly